Fall 🍂 in love with Application Variables, cleaner boards, and new connectors for Google and Amazon

• 13 October 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Fall 🍂 in love with Application Variables, cleaner boards, and new connectors for Google and Amazon

Published October13th 2022

Introducing Application Variables

Hi friends,

The seasons are changing and so is our product, but instead of getting cold, things are heating up. If you want to relive the Summer memories, check out our Q3 Product webinar recording or review the article. This fall we made improvements to make our Boards cleaner than ever and easier to share in and outside Pigment. We expanded our list of connectors, including storage connectors, and gave our admins new tools with formulas that will leaf 🍁 you speechless! 

Application Variables are here!

Add new variable

Application Variables save time for admins who have to update items in Page Selectors and Calculated items. Whether it's updating the Current Month item used as a default Page Selector in multiple Boards or changing the Active Budget within multiple calculated items, this update will save your admins time. With their new free time they can pick up a new hobby, might I recommend Extreme Ironing.

Pigment now has storage 📦 Connectors and more!

image (27)

Pigment now has storage connectors for Google Cloud StorageAmazon S3, and SFTP servers.  You can configure them to upload from fixed files or set them up to always import the most recent file. We also established new connectors for Google BigQuery and Greenhouse. It's an HRIS, you can't import plants into Pigment 🌱. I know, I got my hopes up too. 

Make your boards so fresh and so clean.

Hide and Minimize Page selectors

You can't beat a nice clean board, so check out these updates to give your board a fresh look. Start by taking a bit off the top by hiding and minimizing Board and Widget page selectors to reduce clutter. Next, if you've got a large list posted on a Board, set the list as its own page selector and save it as the Default view so that is what users open to. Your users will be saying "ooh la la" and using the new features to share the love. 

Share the love with these communication updates!

Page selection in links

There are some things in life that are always worth sharing, like dog pictures, raising 65 million dollars, or announcing a new budget. We've made some great improvements by adding the notification center, now when you tag someone they can easily click on the notification and it takes them directly to the location. Not into playing tag as a kid? Well I've got some good news. Widgets now have a share link button on them, that stores page selection so you don't have to play hide-and-seek with your data. Pigment's URLs also save page selections now! 

New tools⚒️ for our Pigment modelers

Formula syntax highlighting

This update is for all our formula writers, syntax mistakes happen, so we introduced a new feature that highlights the exact area where there is an error in your formula. Between that and the new duplicate metric options, where you can choose which options you want to copy, you are going to save even more time to dedicate to that new Extreme Ironing hobby!

We are posting all of our previous newsletters in the community, you can find them here. We're always looking to improve so please don't be shy and share your comments via e-mail, by contacting your Customer Success Manager, or by tagging me in any community discussions!

Want to catch up on previous newsletters?

We are posting all of our previous newsletters in the community, you can find them here. We're always looking to improve so please don't be shy and share your comments via e-mail, by contacting your Customer Success Manager, or by tagging me in any community discussions!

Thanks,

Chris from Pigment

0 replies

Be the first to reply!