Solved

Access Rights not working on Transaction Lists

• 14 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would like to include a transaction list in a Board. The Board has several other metrics and tables. The Access Rights functionality is working fine for metrics and tables (a user can only see numbers related to their department). However, it isn’t working on the transaction list. The transaction list has Department as one of the dimension. 

Am I doing something that is causing this error or access rights just do not work on transaction lists?

icon

Best answer by Franck C 16 June 2022, 11:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @rashiberlia !

In your security settings, while defining your AR Rules, you can specify to what blocks those rules will apply. Based on your question, I understand that you have already defined AR Rules for your metrics, this is great!

What you want to do now is make sure your Transaction List also has AR Rules applied to it. 

As you can see in this article, Defining and Applying Custom Access Rights, you can apply your AR metrics to “List Item Values”. By selecting your Transaction List here, you should be able to apply the same rules as those your already have on your metrics.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Franck! This is very helpful and now it works!