Solved

As of Date for KPI

• 14 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
  • Budding Pigmenteer
  • 8 replies

How do you create/show a date as a KPI. I want to show the last day of actuals for a data set and bring that into a board as a KPI. Is that possible?

icon

Best answer by Benoit 15 September 2022, 10:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Josh,

Today, we don’t support dates as KPIs.

But there is a workaround, that is to convert your date into text and display it as a KPI.

Here is my source date (format=date)

Here is how I converted it (format=text)
text(day('Last day of Actuals')) & "/" & text(month('Last day of Actuals')) & "/" & text(year('Last day of Actuals'))

You can polish the formula to return the date format you want (MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY...)

And here is my KPI

If you need this as a native feature, please use the Idea Community section to share this request and allow users to upvote it 😉

Hope it helps.

Best,

Benoit

Hello! I am trying to make the below screenshot into month day year .. but it errors once I do so because its trying to code the time - thoughts?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello! I also think it would be helpful to have the option to show a date as a KPI! I did it as Benoit proposed, converting it to text, but I will add it as an idea in the Community to have it at some point 😃 thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Nora-Alloy,

I know you a while ago so hopefully you resolved that, but I thought I’d share a solution here in case anyone else comes across this;

DATE
(
ROUND( VALUE( mid(Transaction_List.Timestamp,1,4) ) )
, ROUND( VALUE( mid(Transaction_List.Timestamp,6,2) ) )
, ROUND( VALUE( mid(Transaction_List.Timestamp,9,2) ) )
)

Hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey everyone! 

I’ve got some good news, you can now use the date data type for KPIs! Check it out