Best Practice for mapping dimensions

• 2 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Seasoned Pigmenteer
  • 14 replies

Hi Team,

It would be a great help if you suggest some best practice to map dimensions in a dataset so that it consumes less space and time moreover data will look more clean and easy to read in pigment. 

Thank You!!

icon

Best answer by Stef 10 January 2023, 13:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @nancy ! 

Do you have a specific use case in mind? If so, can you share some details. Would love to help you out here.

(E.g. transactional data or something else?)

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Stef,

Thanks for responding. I don’t have a specific use case in mind . But as i practice my use cases i feel that my mapping structure stands quite complicated. Wondering if there could be some best practice/guideline which could help us simplify the mapping concept.

How can we sort mapping in case of multiple hierarchies, in case of multiple/complex dimensions etc?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thanks Nancy. I'll start writing a new article on best practices for mapping and will let you know once it is done. Thanks for your feedback!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks Stef it would be a great help . Looking forward to it.

Eager to learn more about pigment modelling and making much better use of its functions in real-time

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @nancy , Hope you're doing well. 

The first version of the article has just been published, you can find it here.

Please feel free to submit any feedback or comments that you might have. Hope it helps you in your Pigment journey! 

Let me know if you need anything else.