Solved

Calculating directly in a table?

• 13 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello. I have created a table with multiple metrics. The calculations work currently, except the percentages are aggregating or calcing oddly when I display the table. When we’re looking at data at NOT the lowest level, the % is incorrect.

In the screenshot below, I basically want the Account Churn % to display Churned Accounts / Active Accounts BOP. So 1%, 4%, 5% etc. I looked into Calculated Items, but doesn’t seem like that would work in this case. Am not looking to alter the metric itself, but rather to add a row for display purposes only.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Nathan 16 October 2023, 09:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

the way to go is Calculated Item. You can use the option “Add this metric Again” or “Add as new” when creating the CI.

This will get you another line

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks. I tried this, both in the board widget directly and in the underlying table. I only see “Add this metric again”, but no option to make it into calculated.

The only place I see anything about calculated items is if I select one of the months. However I am not interested in a manual calc horizontally (i.e. month versus another month). I am only looking to take one row and divide by another.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Ahh I’m using the wrong vocabulary. CI is for dimension items, for Metrics it is called “Show Value As”

which you can see in your menu/screenshot