Solved

Conditional formatting based on previous month

• 26 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi everyone!

I am trying to add a conditional formatting in my headcount metric in order to highlight when the number of employees increases or decreases from month to month. I cannot find any option in the conditional formatting that allows me to do so... Could you please help me finding the best solution if anyone has already faced this issue? 🤗

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Benoit 29 January 2024, 16:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Elodie,

I’m not sure how exactly you’d like to view your metric, that can be an interesting user experience case.

Here is two options I see, please let me know if it helps.

Option 1 : Use a table to display both the metric, plus the variation

• Add your metric in a table

• Click on the metric’s options : Add this metric again

• Click on the new metric’s options : Show value as : MoM%

• Apply the needed conditionnal formatting on this Show value as so you can indentify quickly the decreases / increases Month over Month.

• Save the view

Option 2 : In your metric, create a new view to Show value As

If you prefer to remain in your metric, you can create a new view showing the variation:

• Duplicate your current view
  • Click on the metric column header’s options : Show Value as : MoM%
  • Apply the needed conditionnal formatting on this Show value as so you can indentify quickly the decreases / increases Month over Month.
  • Save the view

Please let us know if you were expecting something different?

Best,

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Benoît,

Thanks for your answer! I would like to add the conditional formatting on my metric directly. Please find below a screenshot of the concerned metric:

I would like to highlight the cells which contain an increase in headcount from month to month (above in red) without changing the metric to % amounts. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Elodie,

Conditional formatting based on another metric or formula is not doable at the moment, but the Product team is thinking about it.

What would help is you creating an idea about your use case in the idea section

https://community.gopigment.com/ideas

Many thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Benoît, 

Thank you, I just added my idea 😉