Solved

FILTER does not work according training video/ material

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

When I follow the training materials and the training videos provided, I have to create the REVENUE metric. So far so good, but when I enter the FILTER part in the formula, it does not accept it.

My formula: Transactions.Amount[FILTER: Transactions.Account.Category = "Revenues"][By: Transactions.Account, Transactions.Country, Transactions.Month, Transactions.Team]

Error message: Error: Expressions are incompatible and cannot all be converted to Dimension ('Data Hub - JV'::'Account Category')

Can someone support me to guide me what I do wrong?

icon

Best answer by Helen Vuletin 17 May 2022, 20:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Jan, thanks for pointing out these issues with the training materials and videos. We will update them as soon as we can. The filtering syntax was updated recently from Dim = "string" into Dim = Dim."string" or even just Dim."string" (new shorter syntax).

In the meantime, could you try this formula for your FILTER modifier?

Transactions.Amount[BY SUM: Transactions.Account, Transactions.Country, Transactions.Team, Transactions.Month][FILTER: Account.Category = Category."Revenues"]

Please let me know how it goes. 

Helen

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Helen, thanks for there tip, it pointed me in the right direction. Small adjustment to your formula:

Transactions.Amount[BY SUM: Transactions.Account, Transactions.Country, Transactions.Team, Transactions.Month][FILTER: Account.Category = 'Account Category'."Revenues"]

That works! Thanks

Regards, Jan

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Amazing! So glad it helped Jan. 

Cheers,

Helen