Solved

Filter with text data

• 23 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello! 

I have a dimension in “Environment prod-2022” which is “id_order” → I put on the right the brand name and the retailer name, which are text type data from a transaction list (TL_RBRA).

Then, i created a table “Top Retailers / Brands”, in which i aggregate my date by Id_order dimension, i want to create a view in which i display the brand name next to the id_order and another view in which in display the retailer name next to the id_order. Retailer_name and Brand_name are both properties of Order_Id but are not dimension but text type, then i do not achieve to pit in the pivot brand_name and retailer_name next to the order_id. 

At the end, i want the 2 views in a board.

How can i do it? Thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by francois 5 September 2022, 14:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Alix!

If you just want to filter on the Properties you are able to do this, but you can only filter on one as it is a free text field.

Otherwise, I would recommend converting these properties into Dimensions in their own right. On the new Dimensions I would then map a relationship between Dimensions where they exist.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi Alix,

Not sure what you’re trying to achieve, but this is what I would explore:

• using a different display name in the Pivot Panel (on the dimension id_order) where you can display another text property instead of the id_order display name
  • add a text-format metric where you simply have id_order.Retailer_name as a formula (dimension id_order) and add that in the table along your other metric
Userlevel 3
Badge +6

To Keiran: Thanks, but I do not want to filter, i want to have a table with Id_order and Brand_name (or retailer_name) in 2 columns. But, brand_name is a text  property of Order_Id dimension. Is it possible to find a solution to avoid converting these properties into dimension ? 

To Francois: First option, i tried this but it does not work as i want 2 views and when you display another name, it changes for both views.  Thanks. I’m going to try the 2nd option :) 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I tired to to that  @francois but i face some issues:

I want to put the brand name next to the order_id in the GMS order level, we have figures in GMS order level metrics and TEST is the one i created such as you told me with order_id.brand name, but it’s not working. Do you know why ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi Alix,
As this was discussed during our last call, the solution has been to:

• create a new text-based property in the core dimension (here, id_order)
  • input a formula that concatenates the several text-based properties using & if you need to have several information
  • use this freshly-created property in your views, by opening the Pivot panel in your metrics / tables, then selecting your dimension and clicking on Update header label to use this specific text-based properties as the label of the dimension in this specific view.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Yes we did it and it works, thanks a lot François!