Solved

Highlight Text or Boolean metric using Conditional Formatting.

• 22 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is there any way to highlight Boolean formatted or Text formatted metric using Conditional Formatting ?

icon

Best answer by Elliot 27 June 2022, 22:32

View original

5 replies

Hi Susmita, at the moment conditional formatting is only available for numbers, or, empty/not empty cells. However, this is in our roadmap so please stay tuned while our team works on it :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Susmita

Good question! As @Tess.Hunt said conditional formatting is for numbers or empty/not empty cells. 

This means you can’t do conditional formatting on text formatted metrics, but you CAN do it on Boolean formatted metrics using empty/non empty.

Regarding text formatted properties, you are unable to use conditional formatting, however, you might be able to leverage Emojis in dimension items to achieve the same result.

For example,  see below.

The indicator column is a metric within a table. You can then use a formula to show different emojis depending on what condition you want to set. I’ve only done this a couple of times, but, it’s a powerful work around.

If you let me know the context of what youre trying to achieve I can advise on what options we have available.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Elliot 

Thank You, appreciate your help so much..!!

I am trying to highlight Version Status Column, if my status is open is should show red and if it is locked then green.

It would be great help if you could help me with how to use Emojis in dimension items.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Susmita ,

Here’s a short walk through of turning a boolean metric in a status using a dimension and emojis.

The steps are the following:

• Create a dimension (e.g. Boolean Status) with two / three items (True, False, and eventually blank)
  • Create a new metric with format Dimension > Boolean Status
  • Input a formula that replaces the boolean with the corresponding items
    IF('Boolean by City', 'Boolean Status'."✅", IF(NOT 'Boolean by City', 'Boolean Status'."❌", 'Boolean Status'."🤷"))
  • You’re good to go! You may then rename the items as you wish, the formula should update automatically.

Please let me know if this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, @francois 

Thank you so much for the detailed and clear response..!!