Solved

How to see Budget vs Actual totals separately?

Badge
  • Newly Minted Pigmenteer
  • 6 replies

I have created a monthly P&L with Budget vs Actual columns. When I want to see YTD numbers, the total column at the end adds up both Budget & Actual numbers. Is there a way to see the totals for Budget and Actual separately? 

icon

Best answer by abhilashsawla 7 April 2023, 13:35

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Muz,

Can you show us you summary setup and the pivot so we can understand better ?

Thanks

Badge

Hi Nathan,

pfb

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Muz 

As @Nathan mentioned, you can aggregate Actual and Budget Month>Year and you can achieve your result.

For your reference, I am providing Screenshot below therefore you can see Total of Actual and Budget saperately.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Muz 

If you created Actual and Budget as a dimension items in Version List then you can aggregate Sum in Version and achieve your result.

Badge

Hi @abhilashsawla 

I dont see Actual or Budget aggregators as per your screenshot in my Table.. how to bring the Versions dimension as an aggregator?

Badge

@abhilashsawla 

If i use the sum option for version then its adding up in each month and still shows a single total at the end

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Muz 

Now, I have understood your case,

Please use the sum option for Month>sum and turn on the toggle of Show Every Subtotal

Please find screenshot here for your immediate reference.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Muz 

Now, I have understood your case,

Please use the sum option for Month>sum and turn on the toggle of Show Every Subtotal

Please find screenshot here for your immediate reference.

Thanks

Hope ,Your question has been answered.

Badge

Thanks @abhilashsawla, this worked. But there is a problem in arrangement of columns in the Total. Dont know if this is system issue as i cannot rearrange them.

Badge

@abhilashsawla & @Nathan - selecting the “Show every subtotal” shows the A3 totals on top and then the A2 & A3 subtypes.. this is not required.. 

Below is the breakup without selecting the “Show every subtotal” option

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@abhilashsawla & @Nathan - selecting the “Show every subtotal” shows the A3 totals on top and then the A2 & A3 subtypes.. this is not required.. 

Below is the breakup without selecting the “Show every subtotal” option

Please remove A3 Subtype Sum Aggregation from View Aggregators.

Badge

Its not working… the system automatically selects Sum