Solved

Match Metric with Transaction

• 24 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello,

I have a metric (dimensions Month and Employee) where I have the Country of an Employee by Month (for example : from Jan 22 To Jun 22 → France, From Jul 22 to Dec 22 → UK).

I have a Transaction with financial accounts with columns of Month and Employee ID.

I need to get the Country of the Employee in the Transaction, according to the Month.

How can I do that ?

Thanks,

Alexandre

icon

Best answer by francois 24 January 2023, 11:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello Alexandre,

You should be able to bring your Country mapping (format Country, dimensions Employee x Month) to your transaction, based on the other properties.

In a Country-formatted property of your transaction, you could type something like 'Country Mapping'[BY: Transaction.Employee, Transaction.Month]

The syntax is similar to aggregating a value from a transaction (e.g. Transaction.Value[BY: Transaction.Month]) but works in the other way: your replacing the employee and month dimensions from your source block to the transaction itself as a dimension, using the same BY.

Let me know if that works for you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello François,

The format of my Metric is a Dimension (of the Country). Is it possible to work as well ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yes, this is the assumption I had: 'Country Mapping' should be a metric (dimension: Country), with a structure of Employee and Month.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thank you, it is working !