Solved

Showing Revenue as % of itself (100%) in the tables

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

In the table, when showing metrics as % of Revenue (in P&L tables for instance), how can we show Revenue as % of itself (100%)? When choosing % of metric, we cannot choose the metric itself from the available options.

icon

Best answer by Nathan 24 May 2022, 09:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Grand Total - This will calculate the total value of all items within a metric to determine the value of the denominator.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Grand Total - This will calculate the total value of all items within a metric to determine the value of the denominator.

Thanks for the answer Chris. But, when I select several periods ( 4 Quarters), it is taking grand total of 4 quarters and then showing Revenue % of each quarter as a % of Grand total (all 4 quarters).

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly. Is your metric at the month or quarter level?  Here is a quick example of Grand Total where its showing the percentage each month takes of the grand total.  This is just a 1 year calendar 

Is this what you are trying to achieve?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Chris, example you showed is the allocation of revenue among periods. What I am trying to do is a vertical analysis of P&L for single period. I want to see what is the percentage of revenue each item in P&L represents. The tool allows to show as % of Metric (which is Revenue for all). However, I also want to show Revenue as %, i.e. in this case, it should be 100%. In the drop-down menu for % of Metric, I cannot select Revenue.

So we have:

April.          May.         June

Revenue             100%          100%           100%      - cannot do this

COGS                  10%          10%             10%

Gross Margin       90%           90%             90%

Expenses             20%            20%             20%

Net Income            5%             5%               5%

Thanks for the quick replies and your help with this, Chris!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I don’t see how you can do that with calculated items

I suggest you hide the metric to be consistent in showing only %

Or you add another metric, Revenue Display, and make its formula to be 100%, just for show