Question

Top Decliners / Top Growth

• 26 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello,

I have this Table with 2 differents metrics (volumes L3M and volumes L6M to L3M) with Var and Var (%) as duplicates of volumes L3M. I analyze it month by month (basically the last month).

I would like to have 1 view with top Decliners on the current month (automatically done each month), i.e the doctors who have the worst Var (%) (top 20)

In another view I would like exactly the same but the best Var (%) (top 20).

It seems impossible to do it with table view… Can you help me please ? 

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello @Alexandre ,

I believe that if you follow the following steps, you should be able to make it.

1. Calculate the variance % in an independent metric. You currently have calculated items in the table, but you cannot reference those in a formula.
  2. Use RANK function in another metric to evaluate how these doctors are ranking. We want this to be ASCENDING in order to get the ones with the lowest variance first.

3. Make a boolean metric that will be used as a filter for the top 20 with the lower variance, where you want the booleans to be TRUE if the RANK <= 20
  4. Make another RANK metric, but make it DESCENDING so the doctors with the highest variance are first.
  5. Build another boolean metric that will be used as a filter for the top 20 doctors with the higher variance, where you want the booleans to be TRUE if the RANK <= 20

Once you have all that, you should be able to add the booleans in different views in your table and build the views you wanted.

Cheers!