YTD in KPI view

• 26 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Newly Minted Pigmenteer
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

I want to show a YTD view for a KPI where it sums each month automatically. For example, in January I would be able to see budget vs actual and in February it would be Jan + Feb and so on. Is there any work around for this? 

This is the current KPI view that I have but I have manually filtered on the month. The view doesn’t work if i choose another month.

icon

Best answer by Nathan 21 February 2023, 22:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yes!

In the grid view, you can right click on your metric and select Show Value As and select a year to date preset. Make sure you experiment in grid format and then publish your KPI again. Here’s a handy article on the topic:

If this does not work for you, you can also look into the YEARTODATE function which would require you to create an additional block.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Vmanek - just checking whether you have what you need following francois’ response above? Let us know if you need more help!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, 

Thank you for following up with my query. 

• I haven’t been able to show YTD values as I would like. I will explain my two use cases: 

- Customers EoP actuals vs budget: I want to show budgeted clients as Dec’23 but i want to show my YTD actual clients to have a comparison 
    - Booking closed: I want to show every month based on swicth over date the YTD budget and actuals as a KPI. When I try to do YTD in grid view I cannot hide the months to show only YTD

Thank you for your help

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

In your cases, as you want to report YTD and non YTD numbers (case 1) or only YTD numbers (case 2), I’d suggest you build metrics that are already cumulated using the YTD function mentioned by François.

It will be easier then