Hide and Minimize Board and Widget Page Selectors in Display Mode

• 23 September 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This article discusses how you can hide or minimize Page selectors on widgets and across Boards.

Table of Contents

How does Hide and Minimize work?

When a block with dimensions in page selectors is displayed on a Board, the page selectors will appear at the top of the board.  If they are unlinked, they will will also appear as page selectors on the widget. For both board page selectors and widget page selectors, the display mode allows you to adjust the visibility of these pages selectors.  

How do I hide or minimize a page selector.

When editing a board, either through a new creation or by selecting Edit Board button, you can adjust the display mode of page selectors on the board or on widgets.

For Boards

Select the page options icon on the right side of the page selectors at the top of the Board, on the right side you will see a column Display Mode.  In Display Mode, you can select the setting for each individual page selector.

For Widgets

Select Page options on the widget you wish to adjust, on the right side you will see a column Display Mode.  In Display Mode, you can select the setting for each individual page selector.

What happens when I minimize a page selector?

Minimize consolidates page selectors in a drop-down that end users can click on to access all minimized page selectors.  The drop-down will list the number of minimized page selectors, when an end user clicks on the page selector, they will see all minimized page selectors and be allowed to adjust the selection. 

What happens when I hide a page selector?

When you hide a page selector, end users will not see the selection, nor will they be able to change the selection. The value of the page selection will be the default item.  If the default item is not defined, the value will go to “All values”.

Can you change a value in hidden page selector?

While end users will not be able to change the value, those with configure views will be able to define a default item for the end users to land on.  If you want a cleaner look but the ability to change page selection, we recommend using minimize. 

This topic has been closed for comments