Solved

Board customization qustions

• 4 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi Community,

I’m trying to create some nice boards and have a few questions on presentation elements that I’d like to incorporate, but don’t seem to be possible in Pigment. If possible, please let me know how, or if not possible, if there are any workarounds.

1. Are you able to change background colours on the board, or the font? (for example - we do a lot of our reporting on a black background, so it would be nice to change from the default white. Or be able to align other formatting to our internal reporting themes) Screenshot 1
  2. Can you remove gridlines on a Grid? (again, a lot of our reports are against a black background, so it’s a bit of an eye sore to have the white gridlines there) Screenshot 2
  3. Is there a way to apply cell formatting to a wide range of cells, or a whole table at a time? Currently what’s happening is if I format “Revenue” for example with $ and M for millions, only that one line will change, and not everything that is grouped (Screenshot 3). Updating this has become quite clunky as it seems you have to ungroup everything, then format? But in my case I’m dealing with hundreds of rows grouped, so it becomes very manual. Any ways around this?

Thanks,

Gab

Change background for board, or font?
Remove white gridlines?
Format all groupings with $ and M?

icon

Best answer by Benoit 5 July 2023, 14:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Gab,

Thank you for your question.

This is really interesting feedback you posted here.

1.Are you able to change background colours on the board, or the font? (for example - we do a lot of our reporting on a black background, so it would be nice to change from the default white. Or be able to align other formatting to our internal reporting themes) Screenshot 1

This feature does not exist yet. I suggest you create a Community Idea for it.

2.Can you remove gridlines on a Grid? (again, a lot of our reports are against a black background, so it’s a bit of an eye sore to have the white gridlines there) Screenshot 2

Same situation. This feature does not exist yet. I suggest you also create a Community Idea for it.

3.Is there a way to apply cell formatting to a wide range of cells, or a whole table at a time? Currently what’s happening is if I format “Revenue” for example with $ and M for millions, only that one line will change, and not everything that is grouped (Screenshot 3). Updating this has become quite clunky as it seems you have to ungroup everything, then format? But in my case I’m dealing with hundreds of rows grouped, so it becomes very manual. Any ways around this?

Yes, you can CRTL or CMD click on headers or cells to select multiple rows, columns or cells at the same time. You can also do a selection with your mouse on headers.

If you have multiple levels, another tip is to format your view in a Tabular mode, where you can select and format a level with all children, and then switch back to Tree view.

Hope it helps.

Best,

Benoit