Solved

How can I bring my data into Pigment?

• 28 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi, I somehow missed how we can connect data in Pigment. I want to connect an excel file I've been working on. Is there a way to connect it? Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by Katrina 28 December 2021, 15:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Nicolas, thank you for your question! 

Yes, you’ll be able to get your Excel data in Pigment. In order to do so, you’d first need to convert the Excel in CSV format (currently the only flat file type supported in Pigment). When that’s done, there are few ways we can bring that data in.

1. You can import your data by creating and configuring a List (Dimension or Transaction) and then populating it with a CSV file directly from a Block view (as shown in the screenshot below). This article will guide you on how to configure your data import. 

1. You can import your data directly from the Application > Blocks > +New > Create new Dimension List/Transaction List and choose to import data from your CSV as seen in the screenshot below. For data configuration follow the article mentioned previously.

N.B. When doing a data Import, pay special attention to the mapping step. If you want to populate a previously created dimension in Pigment with the data from your imported file, make sure to check the box 'Automatically add new items to dependent Dimensions' in 'Map Data' step.  

1. You can also do a manual data input by copy-pasting values from your file directly into the cells of an object.
  1. There's also the possibility to use our Advanced Data Integration feature with API's Webhook to automate your data import to Pigment. If you're ever interested please take a look at this article here

Pigment also has a series of native connectors to GSheet, Looker, Workday (and more coming soon!). Please consult our Documentation page for more information on these if needed. 

Hope this helps!