Question

Show scenario variance and YoY variance in the same table

• 9 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

How can I show the scenario variance and YoY variance in the same table? I’d also like to be able to collapse month » quarter » year as needed. Currently, it’s showing YoY columns for all scenarios.

Also, is there a way to restrict which metrics a calculated item pertains to?

Lastly, is there a way to hide columns in a table?

Thanks!

2 replies

Badge

Hi Harshil

To start off with the first question, yes - you can show scenario variance and YoY variance in the same table. For this, you should open your table --> click on 'Pivot' --> Find the 'Scenario' selection and click on the ellipsis (...) to open the menu. Select 'Add Calculated item' --> 'Custom calculation'. From here you can select the Scenarios you want to compare as Item A and Item B. 

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MTAzMTA2MzI5NjIzLCJkb21haW4iOiJnb3BpZ21lbnQuZnJlc2hkZXNrLmNvbSIsImFjY291bnRfaWQiOjI3MjAwMTd9.dabgGzkWh9sWZClc5rY_9xS5fjrWM-93nB2Vlxzve2U

Similar process can be completed when setting up YoY variance, except you need to select the 'Year' dimension and use one of the YoY calculations from the menu:attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MTAzMTA2MzI5NjY4LCJkb21haW4iOiJnb3BpZ21lbnQuZnJlc2hkZXNrLmNvbSIsImFjY291bnRfaWQiOjI3MjAwMTd9.yZrpJO_q9i_ZLg1rQiIKMXJ2UwlR23EwfuLXyp_WiMg

Pigment also allows to expand and collapse dimensions by clicking on the small 'minus' or 'plus' signs beside the column/row header. attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MTAzMTA2MzMxMzI3LCJkb21haW4iOiJnb3BpZ21lbnQuZnJlc2hkZXNrLmNvbSIsImFjY291bnRfaWQiOjI3MjAwMTd9.J_j3fHu6M9_7XuxMmx_PEgbBC7uzxieMTi8_Stj915E

Finally, to hide a column, you can select the column you want to hide and click on the ‘down arrow’ icon at the top right corner of the column: 

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MTAzMTA2MzMxNjMyLCJkb21haW4iOiJnb3BpZ21lbnQuZnJlc2hkZXNrLmNvbSIsImFjY291bnRfaWQiOjI3MjAwMTd9.w1Ej1cBNg-5MEP83psaOAnbRt2f4paQDIIzBXEsNFlM

Then select 'Hide item' from the menu. 

To unhide the column, you can click on the 'Filter' icon at the top menu bar and delete/edit the filter item which is hiding the column.

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MTAzMTA2MzMyNTIxLCJkb21haW4iOiJnb3BpZ21lbnQuZnJlc2hkZXNrLmNvbSIsImFjY291bnRfaWQiOjI3MjAwMTd9.v4XPiLp-IhTE6dMBHbeGKjpq9sz8QNd5uk3Ml3Z6iTQ

I hope you find this information useful! 

Thanks

Badge

Hi @Maxim Kudashkin - thanks for your response!

The issue with this approach “Similar process can be completed when setting up YoY variance, except you need to select the 'Year' dimension and use one of the YoY calculations from the menu” is that it doesn’t calculate the YoY for the quarters or months in that year. Do you know how to resolve this?

Also, I don’t see a “Hide Item” option for the column I want to hide (red column below).