In any Block (List, Metric or Table) you can choose to visualize your data in a specific way. This is what we call a View. You can have multiple different views that might differ if you are going to use them in grids, charts, and KPIs.
What changes can be made to a view?
There are a few features that can be used to modify your views.
- Formatting and styling can be applied including the font style, value displaying, and colors for headers or specific cells.
- Conditional Formatting can be used to color cells based on data values.
- Totals can be added using the Aggregator Panels.
- Filtering can be used to remove items from view.
- Pivot can adjust where dimensions are located in columns, rows or page selectors.
- Sort can be used to change the order of items depending on their values.
Accessing the view panel
To access the view panel, click on the name of the view in the top left corner. From here, you can switch between the different views and use the Search to find a specific view.
Set default view
Blocks will always open on the default view. Users with Configure blocks and Configure views permissions can set a view as default. In the view panel, click on the ellipsis(...) next to a view to select Set as default view.
You also have a few other options in these menu.
- Duplicate View - this will create a copy of the current view.
- Delete View - can be to delete views.
- Rename View- you can rename views, this will not affect them if they are referenced in other places
- Save as - this creates a new view based on the changes you have made. This option is only available after a change is made